30/05/2026
Pardys are a well known and long lived chemist in Geelong Here is a very rare bottle, two rare measuring glasses one of which is mauve and a very rare tin from the company W. E. PARDEY.
William E. Pardey was one of Geelong’s longest serving Pharmaceutical Chemists having set up his business in Moorabool Street in 1848.in the 1860’s he also had a store in Colac. The Pardey name remained in business until recently with descendants of W.E. Pardey still operating Pharmacies in Geelong City, Belmont, Highton and Queenscliff. Pardey’s original Pharmacy was at 170 Moorabool Street and another Pharmacy operated for many years on the Southwest corner of Moorabool & Little Malop Streets. The Queenscliff Pharmacy was opened in 1862. Upon his death in 1911 he was living at “Corra Lynn” in Little Myers Street near the corner of Moorabool St. NHis son Norman M Pardey took over the running of the business in 1911 still under the name of W E Pardey and Co.
W.E. Pardey & Co supplied medicines in several different sized bottles and containers some of which are featured below.